Saturday, June 17, 2006

SUNDAYS WITH REV "58 Degrees"


May 7th, 2006
58 Degrees


.

"Missed Church,
No Problem.
Sundays with Rev!
Hymn singing, fellowship, prayer, and a sermon.
All on the best Mtb trails in the country."

This ride was well over a month ago so I don't expect you guys, and you gals (I won't or want to be politically correct). Maybe I'll say you humans, crap, that doesn't work either because of that man word. How about hupeople? Nope, that sounds corny. Maybe humanitarians, no, that sounds humanitarian. How about fellow two wheeled, multi cogged (forget the cog, don't want to leave the singles out). I'll just settle for cyclists. Anyway, it was a cold and rainy day. I am usually very analytical with things and love numbers. I have my riding gear down to a science. Rain and temps above 55: shorts, base shirt, jersey, arm warmers, light rain shell, and fingerless gloves. THATS GREAT IF ACCUWEATHER IS CORRECT. We started out at White Oak lot, headed up Stoney Run and then back down Salt Stump. The rain didn't stop and it was 40 degrees at the top and 46 on the bottom. The trail coming down was satiated with water. It was like riding through a river. I don't know how we made it down without crashing. I couldn't feel my fingers, toes nor my legs. I hadn't been that cold on a ride in a long time. We made it to the campground and I had a great idea to warm up in the bathhouses. That was nice, then even a greater idea. The shower had hot water so I turned it on and jumped in, camelbak and all. I was already soaked so that really didn't matter. I felt my body come back to life. I would have taken some pics of the ride but the conditions the best to get the camera out. I should have taken some in the shower and titled the blog "Mtbers Gone Wild." Ha! Anyway, we headed back to the car and drove home.

No comments: